Update your GeoServer with GeoCat latest distribution of GeoServer Enterprise.
GeoServer Enterprise 2020.2 provides support for publishing geospatial data using open standards.
This distribution is made available to GeoCat customers:
- GeoServer Enterprise Standard distribution provides a web archive (or docker image) of GeoServer bundled with popular extensions backed by GeoCat long-term support
- GeoServer Enterprise Premium offers a custom distribution with your selection of extensions backed by GeoCat extended support.
- GeoCat Live provides a hosted GeoServer environment
GeoServer Enterprise 2020.2 is a recommended upgrade for all our customers and is compatible with GeoCat Bridge QGIS Plugin.
GeoServer Enterprise 2020.2 release notes:
- Now offering our GeoServer Enterprise Premium customers "predefined war" service with a ready to use war including your selection of supported GeoServer extensions.
- Visual refresh with a clean appearance.
- Built-in web-resource extension
- GeoServer Enterprise 2020.2 is proudly open source with the latest GeoServer 2.16.2, GeoWebCache 1.16.2, and GeoTools 22.2 technologies.
GeoServer release notes:
- GeoServer 2.16: release announcement
- GeoServer 2.15: release announcement
- GeoServer 2.14: release announcement
- GeoServer issue tracker changelog for GeoServer 2.14 through GeoServer 2.16
- GeoCat recommends upgrading to take advantage of the latest security fixes.
- GeoCat respects the GeoServer responsible disclosure policy, contact us directly to discuss for a list of known security vulnerabilities.
- GeoServer issue tracker known Issues for GeoServer 2.16.2
GeoServer Enterprise Standard
- Raster time dimension improved with support for "nearest match".
- Advanced raster visualization with dynamic channel selection using expressions, or full map algebra using a domain specific language for on-demand raster processing
- WFS output can now include measures, with PostGIS supporting the use of XYM and XYZM geometry.
- Layer service settings provide the ability to control which services are enabled on a layer-by-layer basis
- Extensive style editor improvements with a full-screen mode, color-pickers, and auto-completions for SLD 1.0 documents.
- Web Processing Services operations for GetExecutations and Dismiss allow remote management of running activities
- Improved JAI-EXT image processing operations respecting transparency as defined using "nodata" values or vector footprints
- Dynamic densification on reproject is now available using an "advanced projection handling" options in WMS
- EPSG Database updated to version 9.6
- Server status page provides a new tab reporting system details including operating system and cpu load
- PostGIS performance improved from WMS/WMTS output with the use of TWKB between GeoServer and the database
- PostGIS performance improved with full binary transfer available (use the prepared statement checkbox)
- Includes web-resource extension for the remote management of icons, fonts and text files (such as freemarker templates and control-flow configuration).
GeoServer Enterprise Premium
- Java 11 support
- OGR/GDAL data sources updated to GDAL 2.x series
- SLD Service extension providing REST API for data driven style generation